Sunday, July 8, 2012

july seventh


 i started shooting poppies as an ode to my mother who passed away seven years ago ... that was her favorite flower and has now become mine ... she would have celebrated her 61st birthday yesterday so i photographed a few poppies in her honor and i absolutely love this one ... lucky for me i was up at clayton lake on this very special day with my sister and her family swimming with my new noodle, feeding duncan the donkey, playing jumbo checkers and stuffing my face with all kinds of goodies ... there were many times i teared up picturing her walking beside us, but the fun we were having made everything more then okay ... i don't think i or my mom could have asked for a better day ... happy birthday mom, i miss you!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment